Random Post #1
Random Post #1
Trader Joe's Appreciation Post
As USC students, I’m sure that our day-to-day nutrients are fueled by our favorite grocery store; Trader Joe’s. This is a place where you can fill your cart without sinking your budget, and every aisle feels like a plank walk of delicious surprises and difficult decisions. At TJ’s, the shelves are filled with items named by whimsical foodie poets – who know exactly what they are doing – because my 3 item trip usually ends up with a whole bag of groceries. One of the most riveting aspects of TJ’s is probably the ever-rotating cast of eclectic and eccentric products that are so hard to walk past. The seasonal products and decor are enough to drag me in and reach for the heart-shaped ravioli and pumpkin-flavored pasta sauce. Soon enough, that one item I randomly throw in my cart is my next obsession.
As a graduating senior, I would like to take a moment to recognize and appreciate all of the budget-friendly meals that fueled me throughout the last few years. It would be rather difficult to compile all of my favorite products into this short post, but I would like to highlight some of the items that truly got me through my USC journey. First and foremost, the selection of frozen fried rice has been my go-to since freshman year - never disappointing as a quick lunch or a dinner paired with their chicken soup dumplings. Next up is their vibrant selection of chicken sausages that I eat probably every single day. One of my favorites is their jalapeno flavor which goes perfectly with scrambled eggs and a piece of toast. While other grocery stores do have chicken sausages, something about their packaging and flavor makes them utterly superior. Something new I picked up a couple of weeks ago was the green dried mangoes in their dried fruit section. Unlike regular dried mangoes, these are significantly more tart and flavorful. These are now a new staple in my weekly grocery run.
Last but not least, while this may not be on everyone’s weekly TJ’s list, their Aloe Juice is something I cannot live without. I first picked this item up in the fall of 2023 when I was parched after the gym - wanting something hydrating for my drive home. While at first I was skeptical, I was pleasantly surprised and found my new favorite drink. My takeaway from my countless trips to TJ’s is to always take that leap of faith and try something new - it could be your new hyper fixation for the month. While the food is definitely superior, it is not just the food that makes TJ’s a port of call for many; it is the whole aesthetic. From the aloha shirts worn by the friendly employees and the rapid pace of the cashiers, my trip to this store never disappoints. My biggest advice to end this post is to try that snack that you’ve been eyeing but haven’t dared to buy - it’ll be worth it!
Hi Eari! We have a lot of the same TJ favorites! I actually recently just started buying TJ's gallon of Aloe juice for health reasons and I love how it makes me feel (minus the taste). I also love the pumpkin marinara sauce in the fall and wish I had stocked up. Also missing the butternut squash frozen pasta. I also get the maple chicken sausage which I love and if you haven't already tried you definitely should!
ReplyDeleteHi Eari, I really enjoyed reading you post. TJ is definitely a go to when trying to get food on a budget. I am always surprised how the food there can be so affordable these days and so good without breaking the bank. TJ is and always be a go to spot for groceries and other snacks during finals seasons. Overall great post!
ReplyDeleteHi Eari! I enjoyed reading your post and must admit TJ has been a staple store for my family for years, though we usually stick to the same foods we usually get. Of the items you mentioned the only one I have tried are the soup dumplings, which I absolutely love! I'll have to look for some of the things you mentioned and try them during my next TJ run!
ReplyDeleteHi Eari! I loved reading your post because I feel so seen! I also am an avid Trader Joes' consumer and am always eating their fried rice, chicken sausages, and soup dumplings! My go-to recently has been the beef bulgogi fried rice with seaweed to make little bites from -- let me know if you give it a try. Great post!
ReplyDeleteHi Eari,
ReplyDeleteI also love Trader Joes!! I love it because after a long day of work, I just want something easy to make for lunch or dinner. Dried mangoes are severely underrated, but I've never tried green dried mangoes. I also love aloe juice too, it is so addictive. Thank you for the suggestions, I would have to try these out.
Hello Eari, Trader Joe's is also one of my favorite stores as well. I love the pre-cut fruits and the pre-cut vegetables there. Aloe Juice is also one of the things I love to drink. You can try to mix with sparkling water next time if you want!
ReplyDeleteHi Eari! I completely resonated with your post. I love Trader Joe's and since I started doing my own groceries have found it to be a happy place. Personally, I have gone through different cooking stages. At first, when I did not know how to cook, TJ's frozen meals saved me. Then, with time I gave myself the chance to prepare more sophisticated meals. It was great to read this post and learn about your experience as well.
ReplyDeleteHi Eari! This was such a fun post to read. Trader Joe's is one of the places I can go on a shopping spree, and I agree that there are so many hidden items to buy. I love going there after a long day of classes to grocery shop and restock my fridge, it is the most satisfying thing ever .
ReplyDelete